Friday 26 October 2012

My Grand Guru :D Manik Verma

My gurus guru was Lt Smt Manik Verma a disciple of Lt Pt Jagannath bua Purohit...

She had a clear tuneful and tayyar riyazi voice We could say whatever she sang was thoughtfully arranged

rendered so simply with ease and yet so difficult to repeat...She sang ...in G sharp as she had told me when

 sarala tai sent me to her so that I get the best Guru as she thought then and and Manik tai expressed what is

your note child ?I said a sharp and she declined teaching me since the note differed...then ...

What I have seen or heard through recordings or cassettes shows how Manik tai sang full of emotions and

the harkats or lovely clustres of notes seemed magical :D Her style varied according to the genre...Thumri

had her special touches and Natyasangeets had the typical taans ...and bhajans and bhavgeets were sung like

one thought just what they should be sung like .Tears would roll down our eyes when we heard " ghananeela

ladiwala....or sawalach ranga tujha would make one smile....and amrutahuni goad ....would take one into

samadhi....the ghazal chedilees tu would make one think what skills she is gifted with....such expertise a!!!

and Well ...." Balasager tumhi weer shiromani was par excellance....No wonder she was in the group of then



 top level performers touring and also taking good care of her family too...:D

No comments:

Post a Comment